Boat maintenance is part of our services that makes it easier for yacht owners to prepare their vessels for the next summer season. In our facilities you can leave your boat for winterizing and complete environmentally friendly maintenance work.
For work that requires lifting the vessel and heavy-duty repairs, external (e.g. hull) or internal (e.g. engine), we put you in direct contact with our partners in the area, so you can choose the best offer for better quality results.
In this article we explain in detail all the possibilities you can benefit from, if you choose Marina Porto Heli to winterize your yacht. Our expert staff organizes the thorough boat maintenance or repair so that your yacht it is available for your next holiday.
Boat maintenance work in our marina
Renewal of rescue and firefighting equipment
Every vessel is required by law to have up-to-date life-saving and fire-fighting equipment. For this reason, plus to be sure that you are traveling at sea safely, equipment that has been damaged or has passed its safe operation date should be replaced.
The renewal of life-saving and fire-fighting equipment in Porto Heli Marina concerns:
- The personal life jackets of the yacht
- The round life jackets
- The life rafts
- Fire extinguishers, fire hoses and other fire-fighting equipment
- Sparklers and smoke generators
- The med-kit
- The oars
- The light torch
- The basic anchor
- The floating anchor and the rope
- The symbols of IMO
Repair and maintenance of yacht equipment
In our marina you can also maintain all of your yacht’s equipment, including electrical and mechanical equipment, networks, engines (petrol or diesel), plumbing systems, insulation systems, hull (GRP), plexiglass windows as well as fabric and awning repair. Work related to repairs and maintenance inside the boat without a negative impact on the environment can be carried out inside the marina facilities.
Underwater vessel inspection
In addition to maintenance work, we offer you the possibility of underwater vessel inspection, detection of possible damage and repair estimates for the boat’s keel, propeller and shaft. Upon consultation, cleaning with a brush, polishing of shafts and propellers, propeller, rudder and anode replacement, underwater sealing of final shaft and suction cups can also take place.
Boat hull painting & polishing
At the facilities of the marina’s partners, as part of the winter yacht maintenance, the painting and polishing of the hull takes place, whether it is about polyester, wooden or metal vessels.
Painting and polishing a boat step by step
- Step 1: Cleaning of stains and rust marks on the hull, salts stains and other discolorations.
- Step 2: Sandpaper work on surfaces for sleeker surfaces.
- Step 3: Primer application to fill in material inconsistencies.
- Step 4: Application of high quality and high chemical resistance polyurethane paint.
- Step 5: Boat hull polishing for a shimmer effect, corrosion resistance and resistance to the ever changing environmental conditions.
- Step 6: Finishing with a special polishing boat wax for greater protection against the water.
Osmosis prevention & repairs on polyester boats – Repairs at the facilities of partner companies
Osmosis is probably the worst enemy of polyester boats. Prevention is always better than cure, which is why we recommend yacht maintenance with anti-osmotic protection done in five stages:
- Preparation of the polyester surface of the boat by removing the old paint.
- Very good drying to prevent future moisture damage.
- Application of epoxy primer for protection against osmosis.
- Epoxy undercoat application.
- Ηumidity calculation in correct conditions of atmospheric humidity.
Carpentry & deck repairs – Repairs at the facilities of partner companies
Damage to the teak deck can be caused by an unfortunate collision, a rough lashing, weather conditions, an accident on the deck, but also due to the sun’s rays. Repair such damage at our marina.
You can choose special sealing products for the deck repair to slow down the natural biological decline of your teak deck’s thickness.
Yacht maintenance cost at Marina Porto Heli
The cost for yacht maintenance is calculated depending on the work to be carried out as well as the size of the boat. For yachts wintering in our marina, special prices are applied which are formed according to the cost of the required materials and the services of the technical crews undertaking the repairing tasks.
Also read: Let us introduce ourselves
Porto Heli Marina operates according to modern mooring standards for all yachts accommodated in its facilities. See more topics on our blog and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin to discover more about our location, services and philosophy.